Plan Your Marketing with Living Magazine
There are two good times for marketing planning: yesterday and now. We have no control over yesterday, but we do control “now.
Many people wait until the end of the year to plan marketing for the following year. Many put it off until the actual year starts. Regardless of your situation, the time to plan your marketing is right now. Let Ocean Media Solutions help with all your direct mail marketing needs
The following questions will help with your decision to advertise, whether it be in direct mail, coupon magazines, Living Magazine or any of Ocean Media Solutions marketing
programs. Think through your answers. You can write quick answers the first time around but think them through as thoroughly as possible during subsequent reviews. Remember, this is the basis of your marketing for the year. The more thorough you are with your answers, the more effective you’re planning – and therefore direct mail advertising – will be.
Marketing Planning Questions:
1. What marketing worked well in the last year?
2. What marketing worked partially well in the last year?
3. What marketing didn’t work well or at all in the last year?
4. Are there any standout reasons for No 1. or No. 3?
5. Define your current target markets.
6. Did your customers fit your current target market definition?
7. What new markets will you target in the next year for the following areas:
- A. Geography?
- B. Product-oriented users?
- C. Income and demographics?
8. Revise your target market definitions based on No. 7.
9. What are the following advertising components for your target markets:
- A. Headlines?
- B. Benefits?
- C. Offers?
- D. Calls to action?
- E. Other?
10. What advertising components need to be enhanced, concentrated and revised?
11. What new messaging will you use in next year’s advertising and marketing programs?
12. Based on message delivery and the markets targeted, what marketing vehicles will you use in the next year?
- A. Repeat of last year’s marketing vehicles?
- B. New marketing vehicles?
13. What’s the desired frequency for each vehicle and campaign?
14. Based on No. 12 and frequency, what is your budget for the next year?
- A. Per vehicle?
- B. Per target market?
- C. Per period of time?
15. After analyzing total costs and desired frequency, what’s the adjusted marketing vehicle use, including ad size, designs and printing configurations?
16. What new marketing vehicles will you consider in the following year(s)?
- Direct Mail Inserts
- Newspaper advertising
- Direct Mail coupon books (magazines, Living Magazines, etc.)
- Online Digital advertising (banner ads, listings, keyword ads)
- Mobile advertising (banner ads, social media)
- Text Message Advertising (SMS text messages)
- Other forms of marketing
After answering these questions you will be able to make a better choice for all of you’re advertising. Direct mail with Living Magazines is a saturation approach that has been highly successful over the past 32 years. Ocean Media Solutions and Living Magazines can help develop pin-point marketing with direct mail, coupon magazines, city magazine, digital marketing, mobile marketing, text advertising and through social media and the explosion of mobile advertising.
Let the Living Magazine Help Plan Your Marketing!